compression ridges and hide glue

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Sun, 28 Sep 2003 21:47:20 -0500

>Just started following these threads, how about this question: How do you
>clean out your glue pot liners ? I have tried soap, chlorox (lots of
>bubbles and overflow) only boiling water works well. Any ideas out there?

You actually clean your glue pot? Boiling water works best, but as long as
you're glue isn't moldy, it's not necessary to clean the pot for most hide
glue applications. About the only thing I might want new glue for would be
soundboard work, and I use Titebond for that. Though I confess, I do fill
the pot with water, plugged in, and dissolve the glue deposits off the
sides when they get too deep.

Ron N