Tuning for violinists

Chris Gregg cdgregg@telus.net
Sun, 01 Aug 2004 11:41:24 -0600

Learn to tune aurally and the problem will go away. Most violinists tune
their instruments aurally, and just the fact that you can tune the piano
aurally will instill confidence in your abilities to them.  Stretch will
take care of itself.  I disagree with the notion that violinists want a
sharp treble. I have found that my tuning stability has improved since I
have been tuning aurally. My tunings have also become more
musical.  Something that I am sure some violinists can relate to.

Chris Gregg

  http://www.tuneit.ca