Steinway legless bridge

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Mon, 02 Aug 2004 00:21:04 -0500

>As far as bias notching's effect on tuning, it doesn't slow me down.

Me either. Nor do I particularly worry about ceiling fans, dishwashers,
lawn mowers, or false beats anymore. As is repeatedly pointed out to me
when I start talking about what I consider to be design improvements, we
field techs have to work with what we have to work with when we're there
working with it, and make the best of what we're sitting in front of. I do
the same thing. Given the chance to (by my criteria) correct it with a
rebuild, however, I don't see any rational justification for leaving it in
there.

Ron N