Tuning Tests at the Yamah Academy

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@noos.fr
Mon, 2 Aug 2004 23:14:18 +0200

Hello Richard,

Great description, I noticed yet that kind of minimal strech (or no
stretch) used by Yamaha concert tuners.

And that is what the VT100 in normal mode tend for.

Did you relate that to a resasearch to phase effect in octave tuning
(like in unison tuning ?)

I had a little training lately myself, (concert prep)  and we worked a
lot the tuning of the attack of tone, the energy level, projection,
and the "elasticity of tone".

I actually can't absolutely not listen to any partial while tuning
unisson, nor octaves for that matter.

Seem to me that the natural "pitch lock" that we use while tuning
unisons, protect us from any partial deviance, or beat for that
matter.

Just "building tone", that's all (but this does not avoid justness
problems indeed)

Best Regards

Isaac OLEG