Steinway parts

Alan Forsyth alanforsyth@fortune4.fsnet.co.uk
Wed, 4 Aug 2004 19:58:58 -0700

Mathew said: "My whole feeling about this is that if the Steinway action =
isn't replaced with Steinway parts, it is no longer a Steinway."

About 2 years ago I was selling a refurbished Bechstein upright. I =
happened to mention to the prospective purchaser that the piano had been =
restrung.. She then retorted that "it is no longer a Bechstein then!"  =
!!!!!!!

Needless to say I lost out on a sale to that one!

AF