Steinway parts

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Wed, 4 Aug 2004 22:00:21 -0700

Mathew said: "Well, thank you list for the responses, and for making me =
feel like an =20
idiot.  I guess if you all don't agree, then I will change my  thinking. =
 I'd=20
rather agree with you, than to get slammed by reputable  technicians in =
the field. =20
I still look up to you guys.
=20
Matthew,
It was not my intent on making you feel like an idiot! I was simply =
pointing out the error of your logic, in Piano Tech World. There are =
many of us that rebuild Steinways. Each rebuilder knows, (or should =
know), his clients wishes. Using our ability to fulfill those wishes, is =
the main aim. If a client thinks, as you do, then it's Strickly Steinway =
Parts! However, they will get many "disclaimers" from me, if this is the =
case. i.e. don't cry to me if your Steinway sounds/plays crappy because =
of the "Steinway" parts, you requested. (or something, diplomatically, =
to that effect.<G>)
BTW, keep those questions coming. We, (the list), are really here to be =
of service. It's the essence/philosophy of PTG! It perpetuates this =
beautiful business we are in. (32 years and going strong!<G>)
Best Regards,

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I