Bechstein: Gloria Frazier

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@noos.fr
Thu, 5 Aug 2004 10:00:06 +0200

A complete grand Bechstein rebuild, including case, but retaining the
original board, as considered better for tone on those =
450 hours work (info from people that do that kind of job often)

The braces have to be reglued, as the soundboard (but retained) .
New bridges
New pin block of course, new trap work, new damper tray, new parts for
the action, replacing original systems with capstan and using modern
whippen.
New hammers and shanks from Renner for the ones who know how to shape
hammers and voice, Abel for the ones who prefer pre shaped hammers.

New wood on the side of the keys allows the keyboard to be recovered.
new backchecks on new wooden supports.

Case with new parts is often retained  , new cover, new legs if
necessary, new lacquer (polyester) new desk.

Price of those kind of rebuilds is around 15000, ex VAT, depending of
the parts and case parts to be changed.

Best Regards

Isaac OLEG