replacement hammer butt springs

Thomas Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Fri, 06 Aug 2004 00:52:18 -0700

Elwood,

Since your question was how to install hammer rail repair springs, a
good procedure is to first install the screw part way, then slip the
brass plate under the screw head after clipping an opening in the plate
with your wire cutters. Then tighten the screw. Poke a hole with an awl
to help get the screw started.

Tom Cole