Metric Ceenter Pins

Jurgen Goering pianoforte@island.net
Fri, 06 Aug 2004 09:42:37 -0700

Joe,

Terry is right on.  The rods come in niclkel lated brass or german
silver.  The neat thing in using them is you don't switch tools (from
the broach to the pin for a test fit, then back to the broach, then a
burnishing tool (important!) and finally to the actual center pin.  It's
all the same rod which never leaves your hands.  Eventually, after 30+
repinned flanges the rod gets to0 short.  I then use the 4" stubs as
reamers or as small glue applicators for hide glue (no corrosion in the
glue).
The rods are a bit long for work on the road if left unshortened.   I
use half lengths for my tool kit.

Jurgen Goering
Piano Forte Supply
www.pianoforetsupply.com