hourly rates

Richard Snelson rsnelson0984@mchsi.com
Fri, 6 Aug 2004 15:39:40 -0500

I disagree completely. It alway a part of the equation that should be =
used after considering what your overhead is. For example I work out of =
my own house with very little overhead, I'm retired from engineering =
with a good pension and SS so should I set my rates based on that?
Nope! I inquire and find out what the going rate is in our area and use =
that as part of the equation. I do not set my rates to be the lowest in =
the area, that would be a disservice to my fellow guild friends. I've =
found being a little higher works just great.=20
By the way I sent Jon my rates off list.=20
Rich
  Setting hourly rates to that of the next guy is doing great disservice =
to the industry