DamppChaser confession

Ryan Sowers pianorye@yahoo.com
Fri, 6 Aug 2004 15:31:18 -0700 (PDT)

Here in Olympia, Washington the humidity rarely goes below 40% so it's common to put in just a 50watt rod/humidistat system. The advantages are:

Lower cost: $150 instead of $350 for the complete system.
Less maintenance: The customer just keeps it plugged in and forgets about it.

Its difficult to convence customers out here of the value of adding humidity!

Exception  There are still a number of homes out there with wood heat. This is a really good argument for the whole system. I once had a customer who was great about getting her yamaha console tuned every 6 months. Every time I went back the piano sounded awfull! I finally talked her into installing a complete system. I called her 1 year later to schedule an appointment and she didn't return my call. 2 years later I went back and it was a touch-up job! That was the most dramatic improvement I've seen. The customer went from almost never having an in tune piano to almost always having an in tune piano!

Don <pianotuna@accesscomm.ca> wrote:
Hi Matthew,

Please tell me if you keep track of how the pitch changes on the pianos you
service. Do they vary more than 2 cents per year? If so, consider
Damppchaser full systems.

At 11:27 AM 06/08/2004 -0700, you wrote:
>I base it on living here for the past 12 years. Matthew
>
><> wrote: Hi Matthew,
>
>What do you base that statement on?

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/