Keytops (please respond)

William R. Monroe A440WRMPiano@tm.net
Fri, 6 Aug 2004 22:11:41 -0500

I use a 1/2" Straight bit on my PC Router, with a jig.  Zero it at the =
top of the Key, drop it down the thickness of the new keytop. Zip off =
the old, on with the new.  No muss, no fuss.

William R. Monroe
Madison, WI
Assoc.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Brian Lawson=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Friday, August 06, 2004 4:20 PM
  Subject: Re: Keytops (please respond)

  Hey, I'll respond, it depends on the condition of the glue, I took off =
a set last week where only a sharp thin felt knife was enough to take =
them off with no damage. The only time I've needed to take off a plastic =
one is when I've glued it on a bit skew and that is within minutes of =
gluing it on, again with knife

  Brian
    ----- Original Message -----=20