replacement hammer springs

Thomas Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Fri, 06 Aug 2004 20:59:26 -0700

Joe Garrett wrote:

> AND.....the rail splits! IMO, do not use them thingees unless it is an
> absolute emergency. Best way is to replace with regular springs.

Joe,

The reason I posted was because nobody answered his question, but gave
their opinion why you shouldn't use repair springs instead, which he
didn't ask. I thought it might be different to actually answer the
question and let him decide whether the repair is appropriate or not.

As for the rail splitting, I guess you're thinking 88 springs, in which
case, yeah, better to put in new ones! :-)  But for onesy twosy
replacement...

Tom Cole