American Craftsmen

Wed, 11 Aug 2004 11:41:00 +0200

James Grebe wrote:

>>>I think also it would not be as rigid as cross plying would be.
>>>

>>That makes sense I suppose... for what that is worth.  Something wrong
>>with added rigidity ??
>>

>I would think that the more rigid the material is the less it will vibrate .

Well,  no doubt that would be taken into account in any overall design
of a soundboard assembly.  Its not like cross laminating will become too
rigid to be useful or anything now is it ... or what. ?

Perhaps our resident  SB builders can shed better light... tho no doubt
there is plenty stuff on this in the archives.

Cheers
RicB