help on upcoming service call

tlneely tlneely@mindspring.com
Wed, 11 Aug 2004 08:10:28 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Hello everyone.
     I am facing something I have not done before and need some advice. A new client just moved to the area, and her previous tech told her that her 5' grand needed CA treatment for loose pins before it would hold a tuning. My question is this: Is the CA treatment effective in pianos with tuning pin bushings? Or is one just glueing the pin to the bushing, or does it matter?
     She is planning to sell the piano after tuning, and I know that myself or one of our other local guild members will probably be called to tune for the new owners. I told her that the real fix is a new block, but since she is selling, she obviously is not interested in that expense.
     Any advice would be appreciated.   Thanks

Terry Neely