Werzen Hammers!

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Wed, 11 Aug 2004 20:49:44 EDT

In a message dated 8/11/2004 5:14:41 PM Pacific Standard Time,
_joegarrett@earthlink.net_ (mailto:joegarrett@earthlink.net)
  Hey Joe
   Great report!
   I just put a set in a 30 year old C-3 yamaha with new strings.  A tonal
transformation.The only thing I did to the voicing was a thin  solution of 8 to
1 lacquer over the tops of the monochords only.It neede just a  little more
bite. Every thing else was clear ,bright & dark &  powerful right up to the top.
It's nice when something is as good a s  advertised.

   Regards--Dale

All,
Just had the opportunity to experience, up close  and personal, the wonderful
Werzen felt hammers. These were on a rebuilt 6foot  + Chickering Grand.
Absolutely Gorgeous! Only voicing needed, out of the box,  was the extreme treble.
(Last 3 or 4 hammers). Of course, they were Ronsen and  were well made!<G> Way
to go Ray!<G> That's what hammers are  supposed to make a piano sound like!
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool  Police
Squares R I