help on upcoming service call

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Wed, 11 Aug 2004 22:36:54

Hi Terry,

I think I'd pass on the job. Tell them to give the information about the CA
treatment to the person who purchases the piano.

At 08:10 AM 11/08/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello everyone.
>     I am facing something I have not done before and need some advice. A
new client just moved to the area, and her previous tech told her that her
5' grand needed CA treatment for loose pins before it would hold a tuning.
My question is this: Is the CA treatment effective in pianos with tuning
pin bushings? Or is one just glueing the pin to the bushing, or does it
matter?
>     She is planning to sell the piano after tuning, and I know that
myself or one of our other local guild members will probably be called to
tune for the new owners. I told her that the real fix is a new block, but
since she is selling, she obviously is not interested in that expense.