regarding CA Glue...was: need help on upcoming......

Matthew Todd pianotech88@yahoo.com
Wed, 11 Aug 2004 21:49:00 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Joe,

Okay, my fault.  Got CA and Pinblock Restorer mixed up.  I was meaning pinblock restorer Joe, and I am glad you do agree with me.  I used to drink that stuff.

Matthew

Joe Garrett <joegarrett@earthlink.net> wrote:
Mathew Todd said: "CA glue can be effective, but it is also VERY temporary.  You may be haunted by this several years down the road."

Matthew,
And what do you base this statement on. I, personally, have not found anyone to give definitive answers as to how long CA glue will last. Of course, it depends on the specific application, but for doping a pinblock, I have a feeling the darned stuff will last a very long time.
Now, "Pin Block Restorer" seldom lasted more than a few years, in my experience, so if'n you were referring to that stuff, I'd agree with you. Since CA and it's use in pinblocks, is relatively new, I'd like to see some conclusive data to support your statement.
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I