Moving Knuckle position with the Kaplan Jig

Thu, 12 Aug 2004 11:57:43 +0200

Erwinspiano@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 8/11/2004 7:31:36 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> madvinmryk@yahoo.com writes:
>   Hi Vince
>  Leverage is leverage.

Ah... not really so.   If its just a lighter touch you are after and you
dont care what else happens.. then I suppose.  But there are more things
growing in Kansas then just pumpkins as my ol gaffer used to say.

> So how much trouble is it to move capstans compared to what I described?

Perhaps a bit more time consuming..... but not a big deal.  The easy way
is always the hard way as my ol gaffer used to say.

> Know what I mean? To me it's more invasive more time consuming &
> harder to set up accurately. I also have an aversion to twisting any
> thing unnecessarily, 88 times. This is waaay easier & a more accurate
> predictable outcome.
>    Regards
>    Dale

Cheers