help on upcoming service call

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Thu, 12 Aug 2004 10:41:05 -0700 (PDT)

Try driving the pins with the block supported by an
appropriate jack. If this is not adequate tune the
piano as well as possible, then remove the action,
turn the piano over on a plastic sheet on top of
carpeted 2 x 8 scraps ( to get your fingers back under
the rim later ) and CA the block from the inside ( if
the pin holes go all the way through .) Wear a gas
mask, goggles and gloves.
    The CA will work better this way.
    Then turn the piano back over ( after a  couple of
days ) and re-tune. I charge $350 for this. ( In an
economically depressed area. ) Remaining loose pins
can be CA'd from above.
     I believe that tis is the best way to proceed,
short of a total rebuild.
     Thump