impenetrable case woes (Norris upright),&(Chickering quarter grand )

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Fri, 13 Aug 2004 10:01:21 -0700 (PDT)

I just worked on a nifty Chickering Quarter Grand,
ex-Ampico, from the mid 20's. I liked almost
everything about it EXCEPT the irritating screws in
the music desk pivot-hinges which seemed IMPOSSIBLE to
remove without marring the desk-support surface!
ALSO: The irritating action bracket screws which can
not be removed without taking off the letoff rail, BUT
WOULD HAVE BEEN EASY TO REMOVE HAD THEY MADE THE
ACTION FEET ANOTHER INCH LONGER, which could have
easily ben done, as there was room for this !!!!!!
It seems as if a sadist was at play in the design
department!
HOW DO YOU GET THE DESK HINGE MOVABLE_PANEL SCREWS OUT
????? WITHOUT MARRING THE SLIDING TRAY SIDES
( Where the candles go? ) I think this would make a
good Journal article!
    Thump