punching, it hits you

Sun, 15 Aug 2004 18:45:23 +0200

antares wrote:

>>  David I
>
> So who makes the "right" punching?
>
> HAH!
> WE sell it here in Holland.
> It is DA best stuff in ze world.
> It is Wurzen (what else?) punching specially made to my specific orders.
> You should try it, your piano sounds and feels different.
>
> ask Isaac, he had experience with it, so does my other good friend
> Master Brekne.
>
> Man... I have fought for this punching. I should 'a been a boxer by now.

I bought 5 sets from Andre' last time I was down there.  I immediately
replaced a set in a Steinway B we have... and I was amazed at the
difference in the sound of the piano.  I know this may seem
strange.....  but what can I say. There was a big change in both the
touch and sound of the instrument.  Andre has specialized a good deal in
hammer felt and other issues related to the overall voice the piano
action imparts to the piano.  He has never steered me wrong yet.... not
even close.

Try experimenting around with punching densities....

RicB