Tuning "It"

D.L. Bullock dlbullock@att.net
Mon, 16 Aug 2004 00:54:05 -0500

  I agree. The "It" person is one of God's creature just like you.  I give
the original writer the benefit of the doubt that he was exaggerating to
make funny the actual situation.  However, if I thought he was actually
contemplating bashing a gentle, if different, one of God's creatures who
respects his piano enough to have it tuned and then actually tips the tuner
I would be insensed.  In over thirty years, I can count my monetary tips on
one hand.

  I think you will find that at least 10% or more of your clientele is GLBT
(Gay, Lesbian Bisexual, Transgendered) already.  You simply have not been
made aware of it.  That goes for every tuner/tech here.  I have many
customers of the GLBT community and they have their pianos tuned WAY more
often than the hetero community as a rule.  They also appreciate my good
work and send me more business.  They are the church, university, and school
musicians and performers of all kinds.  I also know a sizable number of GLBT
tuners and technicians.  I even know a technician who is an M to F post-op
transsexual.  I dare say there is a sizable number here on this group that
you may have insulted if they took your comical post in a different way from
me.  By the way if a person is dressed as a man refer to him as "HE" and if
dressed as a woman, refer to her as "SHE".  The word "It" can be used for
farm animals and pets or inanimate objects.

  D.L. Bullock
  www.thepianoworld.com