Mason & Hamlin A Scale

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 07:27:52 -0400

Even if you wish to retain the original string types (no plain wire to wound
conversions, etc.), why would you not prefer to rescale? Even if you get a
scale, I don't know that you would ever be sure it was the "original". If
you have an experienced and reputable rescaler rescale it, you can at least
be sure that it will be a "good" scale.

And of course, if one is open to making a few prudent changes, there is
almost always room for improvement in the bass/tenor break on smaller pianos
like this.

Terry Farrell