Mason & Hamlin A Scale

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 20:12:31 EDT

In a message dated 8/17/2004 8:50:35 AM Pacific Standard Time,
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:
   Terry
  Well that wasn't very clear was it? It ,was the scale  & by pattern I meant
one string of the 3 string unison is tied & it  varys right to left. Or one
string tied first on the right side of the unison  then on the next unison it's
tied on the left. This post blew your mind. Hey it  happens. Too much space
between neurons today.
   Dale

Hi Dale,

What is "it" and what "pattern" are you referring to when  you say "The fun
part will the one tied string per unison in the lower  part of the tenor scale
& getting it right without a pattern..."? Just  trying to figure this out.

Terry Farrell

----- Original Message  -----
From:  _Erwinspiano@aol.com_ (mailto:Erwinspiano@aol.com)
To: _pianotech@ptg.org_ (mailto:pianotech@ptg.org)
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 11:01  AM
Subject: Re: Mason & Hamlin A  Scale

In a message dated 8/16/2004 6:29:58 PM Pacific Standard Time,
_ceisenstadt@sc.rr.com_ (mailto:ceisenstadt@sc.rr.com)  writes:

I am  rebuilding a Mason & Hamlin "A" (#29187 made in 1920) and I'm  hoping
that someone has a treble scale for it. The plate has AX6 on it.  A previous
rebuilder had tossed an odd mix of sizes on it.
Carl

     Carl
  I do
  Do you still want it after all the flak you  got. The guys are right tho.
This piano had a couple of scales but the  differences were mainly in the low
tenor. I don't recall the ones from this  era vary much in the rest of scale.
I'd need to look at  my notes. The fun part will the one tied string per unison
in the lower  part of the tenor scale & getting it right without a pattern
But it's  possible.
  Good luck

   Dale Erwin

Erwins  Pianos Restorations