Setting pitch with a fork

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@noos.fr
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 21:04:21 +0200

Hi all ,

I  used to hold my VT100 between the teeth but the dentist also discouraged
this method (he say there is a risk of electric shock). I did not experiment
any shock but had a terrible pain in the neck after a few pianos (but a nice
smile indeed). Now that my dog comes with me he can hold the VT 100 to no
avail so the problem is solved.

In case of loss of batteries I use the dog ultra tone whistle that is just
tuned to the 48th partial of A440

I tried to train the dog to give me 440 but no result yet.

To say the truth, as I have perfect pitch in fact, there is a little tuning
fork hidden somewhere in my head, if one strike my on the head with enough
force it rings 440 Hz, so no need to make dangerous operation with a fork.

That said, if you want really to look professional, you can have a little
wooden plate inserted into your knee by a good surgeon (to avoid the
'tuner's syndrome" that is having one knee bigger than the other because of
the fork hits), I had a friend who lost all his teeth because he open too
much bottles of beer with them and a good dentist installed him a metal
plate (untuned) to replace the teeth, but also to allow him to open more
bottles.

I have always been amazed by such miracle and it looked to me like a must in
professional bottle of beer opener attitude. So out of having a tuning
hammer and a fork tattoo I consider the plate a must in our profession.

Well it is probably too early to go to bed, I have to stop the TV probably,
may be that should help.

Best regards.

Iz