Wet piano keys

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@noos.fr
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 22:11:52 +0200

Hi Phil,

A setup to hold the keys tight together on a flat surface is very
useful, but Yamaha keys dont see to warp too much (not like some old
keyboards where I use the process even when removing the bushing)

Here is a pic showing a similar device , where I get the idea in fact
(in the place of my friend Eric Marandas)

Bushing cauls may help for the bushings while drying.

A little dry weather of course (possible ?)

best

Isaac

-----Message d'origine-----
De : pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]De la
part de Phil Ryan
Envoyé : jeudi 19 août 2004 21:50
À : Pianotech
Objet : Wet piano keys

Although I live in Florida, the piano in question was wet by a leaking
air conditioner vent which dripped water on  the keyboard (Yamy P22).
The water did not affect the action.

The keys are still damp and sticking big time!  What's the best way to
dry out the keys (outside the piano) to minimize warping and keep
bushing-easing to a minimum.  The bushings seem to be staying put.
Any
helpful hints?

Phil Ryan
Miami Beach