Sweet Betsy from...

Fri, 20 Aug 2004 12:20:37 -0500

Folks,

This week I tuned my favourite PSO for the first time since December
'01.  A blond oak, Lester Betsy Ross 36" spinet.

It resides in a ranch home (read: concrete slab floor), on the north wall,
picture window to one side, front door to the other side and sitting in
front of the forced air heat return duct. Original (current) owner bought
it new in '51.

My RCT said that the pitch of A4 was 440.68Hz!  Bass section was mostly
within a cent and the treble had a fair number of notes which were dead
on.  This was after moving it back in place after they had moved it out to
clean behind. They didn't want me to think they had been abusing it, and I
feared for my life when she came at me with the vacuum as soon as I took
off the bottom panel to adjust the pedals.

Yeah, it's still a spinet, but it sure wins the stability award!

Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT, MPT, CCT, PFP, ACS, CRS.
Decorah, IA

- Certified Calibration Technician for Bio-powered Digitally Activated
Lever Action Tone Generation Systems.
- Pianotech Flamesuit Purveyor
- American Curmudgeon Society - Apprentice Member and Founder