OT Chinese imports and US Treasury Bonds

Phillip Ford fordpiano@earthlink.net
Fri, 20 Aug 2004 11:44:14 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>Horace Greeley writes:
>
>P.S. ...China holds ~ $1 billion (yes), in U.S. Treasury Bonds, not
>counting stock investments....hg

I think the numbers are much bigger than that.  We're running a huge trade
deficit with China (to keep this somewhat on topic, some of that is in the
form of pianos - I believe Pearl River is now one of the largest, if not
the largest, piano manufacturers in the world).  We're choosing to buy pianos
from China rather than make them here.  They're choosing (perhaps
fortunately for us), for the moment, to put some of that money they're
getting from us back into our economy.

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/China/FF22Ad06.html

PF