Tuning with a fork and the Sanderson Baldassin procedure.

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Fri, 20 Aug 2004 23:23:01

Hi Alan,

Listen to f3 a3. Tap your knee on the fourth beat. Do that for three sets
of four beats. Then play a3 c#4 while keeping the tapping going at the same
speed. Count how many beats you hear. If it is five then it is a four to
five ratio. If it is slower then adjust c#4 until it is five.

At 04:34 AM 21/08/2004 +0100, you wrote:
>   Isaac mentioned;   "One of the nicest tricks I learned with the
>different Us methods is
>the  4:5 relation from contiguous thirds. ............"    but was
>flummoxed  when it came to distinguishing the ratios. How on earth is one
>supposed to tell  aurally whether one beat rate is 25% faster or 20% slower
>than another beat  rate?   AF

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca		http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd.