PTG-L

Sat, 21 Aug 2004 05:29:54 -0700

At 03:13 AM 8/21/04, you wrote:
>Hey everybody,
>
>I found on the pianotech 1st page 4 lines:
>pianotech  https://www.moypiano.com/ptg/pianotech
>ptg-l  https://www.moypiano.com/ptg/ptg-l
>caut  https://www.moypiano.com/ptg/caut
>humor  https://www.moypiano.com/ptg/humor
>
>I wondered what the ptg-l link was, so I clicked on it but a name and
>password are required.
>What is it exactly?
>Is it a secret restricted area of the site??
>
>Thanks,
>
>Quentin

Yes, PTG-L is restricted to PTG members.  If you think the OT is
objectionable now, you can imagine how it was a number of years ago when
the subject matter went to things which were going to be discussed at an
impending convention.

The non-PTG members raised such a stink that the originators and HOST of
the list [The Piano Technicians Guild] felt it best not to, as they say,
"air dirty laundry"  on an open list. The secret virtual handshake has
since been found on the dues receipt.

Conrad Hoffsommer

Early to rise: early to bed;
Makes a man healthy, and socially dead.