Herrburger Brooks spring & loop action

noj fullnotch@westpa.net
Sat, 21 Aug 2004 08:57:25 -0400

I guess I should have been more specific. This is a 1933 grand action  =
with no drop screw. I found that with too much spring tension let-off =
does not "feel" right and the hammer will bubble. (makes sense). Let off =
adjustment is done with the action removed. I guess my question is how =
much spring tension is right to get the proper repetetion? I have it =
playing fairly well as all the other procedures are about the same.My =
research showed this action was discontinued in the 70's or 80's.
Thanks.

Jon