Locating Tuning Pin Holes

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Sat, 21 Aug 2004 12:09:33 -0500

You can get mylar at your local drafting supplies store.

Dean
Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272
Terre Haute IN  47802

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of ANRPiano@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, August 21, 2004 11:37 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Locating Tuning Pin Holes

Terry,

I have done several of these I have tried paper of various qualities and can
tell you not to go this route.  It can work and has worked rather well for
those I have done, but I always was worried about distortion and other
problems with accuracy.  I like the mylar idea.  I have nearly used my stash
which I got from a retiring rebuilder many years ago and have been unable to
find a supplier, where do you get yours?

Andrew Remillard