oh the horror!--Rosewood Steinway upright-restyled !

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@noos.fr
Sat, 21 Aug 2004 23:34:16 +0200

So you see how good we where working in the good old 50's !

             Surprisingly the piano was @ pitch and fairly even and I've
contracted to do a minimum of service with caveats galore concerning the
plate issue.

Actually a new market appear to make "piano styling" sculpture, paint, gold
leaf, everything is possible, some factory send modern pianos to be
customized as that.

You can also ask a copy of an historical "art case" piano.

The lacquer, generally is bright enough, a lot of work in the rococo style.
A few examples I've seen where horrible, but sure that look rich ! It gives
some work to artisans anyway.

Best

Isaac