Rosewood tuning lever/hammer

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@noos.fr
Sun, 22 Aug 2004 00:43:58 +0200

Hi Joe,

I guess I said that was that part of the fingers that act on the
handle, I'll try again, but if the palm cant lay on the top of the
knob, the posture is not very good for the muscles then. I have long
fingers, but find it more tiring to use them in that more open
position. A smaller knob would certainly work better for me.

thanks for the "finger buts" did not knew the name of that part !

The click is ok but not always necessary, that's in the final nudging
I feel most uncomfortable with the one I have (somewhat large ball)
yours look more thin and oblong.

Best Regards.

Isaac

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Joe And Penny Goss [mailto:imatunr@srvinet.com]
Envoyé : dimanche 22 août 2004 00:34
À : oleg-i@noos.fr; Pianotech
Objet : Re: Rosewood tuning lever/hammer

Isaac,
You are using the tool incorrectly if you are tuningwith the palm of
your
hand as the touch of the tool. It is still in the fingersbut for me at
the
second joint not the tips of the fingers. My range of minute movements
with
my lever is from 1/2 cent in the bass to 10 cents in the treble on
most
pianos.
I espesially like the feel of the Yamaha pianos  (made in Japan ) and
S&S.
Sometimes being able to feel the click at 1/4 cent and know it is set.
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com