Teflon and naptha solution for knuckles.

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 19:23:49 -0700 (PDT)

Greeting, Earthlings,
     After my last knuckle re-constituting job ( 1925
Chickering Ampico with flattened but not worn knuckles
), using a little brass brush and plenty of naptha, I
looked with dread to yet another messy attempt at
getting Teflon powder into the buckskin without having
it end up eveywjere else
( like my lungs ) so I mixed a thin solution of the
powder I bought from Pianotek with some more naptha,
and brushed it on. VOILA! I thrilled to see the
buckskin sucking it inward by capillary action, and
when the naptha had evaporated all the knuckles were
evenly and smoothy permeated with the stuff. Worked
great, too!
    WARNING: Make sure the solution is pretty thin.
Too much powder and the knuckles will look like glazed
doughnnuts when dry. DAMHIK!
     Thump