FW: Pinning on new flanges

D.L. Bullock dlbullock@att.net
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 23:38:30 -0500

I got a set of those like that from Renner several years ago.  I simple
repinned really fast with next size larger and sent a note to Lloyd Meyer at
Renner USA.  I got a nice apology.  It never happened again.  I also sent
him the inspection slip from the set.  I suspect there was a new boy on the
assembly line.

D.L. Bullock    St. Louis
www.thepianoworld.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Hull [mailto:hullfam5@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, August 23, 2004 6:00 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Pinning on new flanges

List,

I was preparing a new set of shanks and flanges for an
action rebuild (a recital hall piano)and found that
the pinning maybe too loose.  Many of them will swing
8-10 times before coming to a stop; some will swing 11
- 12 and a few 7 times.  These are high quality parts
from a reputable manufacturer.  The humidity in my
shop is in the mid 50's.  When winter comes and the
humidity in the recital hall drops way down won't
these be to loose?  I was looking for about 3-5 swings
in the bass graduating up to about 7 max. in the
treble.

I am facing a deadline and may need to get another set
sent if the manufacturer agrees which will cost me at
least 2 days.

Would you repin, reorder or what?

Bob Hull