Pinning on new flanges

Tue, 24 Aug 2004 09:28:48 +0100

Consistancy is the main thing in whatever test you use.  I try and go
from 90 degrees with the flange in a vertical position, but sometimes
the drop screw is in the way and I cant get a full 90 degrees.  Just be
consistant.  I also double check with the Steinway method of tapping the
horizontally held shank. If the flange stays horizontal then its good...
if it rises the pin is too tight, if if falls its too loose.

Cheers
RicB