"shaping" or "reshaping" hammers!

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 20:36:58 EDT

In a message dated 8/22/2004 4:38:44 PM Pacific Standard Time,
joegarrett@earthlink.net writes:
    HI Joe
   I'm Back & I must respectfully disagree &  agree. I agree with the
surfacing business though I don't twist bout it   But disagree about stwy hammers as
the only ones you can shape into any  shape  because they're over rlacquerred.
I am able take any hammer I choose  & shape it like an egg a sucker or
obilisque.
  You gotta keep up Joe. The new stwy hammers  produce a pretty good sound
out of the box.& I don't find them over treated  in any way. I can file them
easily as well. IMO using finer and finer paper in  the process of filing any
hammer  is the key to getting a smooth surface  without felt bunching up.
   Joe don't be grumpy your much too nice a  human.
   Dale

  It's Sunday & I must be in one of my  "grumpier" moods today. What the heck
will it take to get y'all to quit using  the above terms in regards to
SURFACING HAMMERS????!!!!!!!!! I'll accept  "filing" & Re-surfacing. The only
hammers that can actually be "shaped" are  ones like the Steinway over-lacquered
b-bs that can be "Ground" to just about  any damned shape your little heart
desires! PLEASE? (I said  please.<G>

Regards,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool  Police