Rib Transplants

Tue, 24 Aug 2004 19:46:24 -0700

Seems to me it's not worth the trouble or savings.  The cost of a new panel
is not that much.  Since you are remaking the ribs anyway, add the time
cost of removing them from the old panel.  Also, you have to remove the
panel from the inner rim to put on new ribs.  That's virtually impossible
without doing further damage to the panel itself (if not outright
destroying it).  And it's probably already compromised by compression
damage.   Also, it limits you in terms of changing grain angle, bridge
location, panel thickness (do we still want diaphraspasmic panels) etc.,
etc..

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net