Teflon bushings: (was Re: Pinning on new flanges}

Horace Greeley hgreeley@stanford.edu
Wed, 25 Aug 2004 19:56:52 -0700

Hi, Don,

At 07:17 PM 8/25/2004, you wrote:
>At 10:46 PM 8/24/2004, you wrote:
>>Also, on a related note as to materials, we are still having the same kinds
>>of problems getting action parts from things like graphite fibre into
>>general use...ridiculous.
>>
>>Sigh.
>>
>>Best.
>>
>>Horace
>
>It is in production now in new Kawai RX and Shigeru Kawai grands, Horace!

Ahem...I am sure you recall that I publicly applauded the introduction of
this technology...1989, I think...(heheheheh)

>And, most assuredly, the other piano companies will find all kinds of ways
>to convince customers that the wood parts are better.  Sigh, indeed.

Yeah...well...we are rather running out of forests to cut down, then,
aren't we?

Cheers!

Horace