The Good Old Days ??

Thu, 26 Aug 2004 09:18:48 +0100

Hey Allan
Nice to see folks backtracking a bit to see whats been discussed
recently.  No doubt you are correct, but as far back as I can see (which
goes at least a couple years beyond the 1998 97 period when I joined up)
there was hardly what you could call eutopic conditions on pianotech.
Grin... I dont know which year Conrad opened up shop producing flame
suits... but they were in use well before 97.

Seems to me when I hear this nostalgia that pops up from time to time...
that one must be refering to that start up period and a couple two three
years that followed.  That things should be more topical and civil under
those conditions is only reasonable.  You had a handfull of fairly
accomplished university techs exploring a new medium with far more
common daily dailys to talk about then is the case now.  So, too was
there far less general internett use in private homes in 1990-1994.  I
was in Seattle during that time...  the time of ascii bbs's and 9600
baud modems.

But from the time period this list became accessable to private shops,
homes, and the rest... things have been... predictably enough much like
they are now... at least thats what it looks like to me.

Cheers, and thanks muchly for the insights.
RicB