Pinning on new flanges

Thu, 26 Aug 2004 09:42:20 +0100

Hi Dave

I am not a fan of graphite in centers.  That said... appropriate
centerpin material (german silver works well) and decent climatic
conditions generally result in centers that perform to specification.
When repining as I so often do,  I ream out a little bit in attempt to
minimize graphite content, and work as much teflon powder into the
bushing as I can.  So far... 6-7 years now... I have yet to run into any
negative consequences because of this.  As far as I can see... which
admitedly is not all that far.. :)... I have a hard time understanding
why Renner does not opt to move from graphite to teflon powder.  No
matter what you can or cant say about graphit... it seems clear that
teflon powder out-performs it.

Cheers
RicB