Bridge Pin Terminations, was: Pinning on new flanges

Carl Meyer cmpiano@comcast.net
Thu, 26 Aug 2004 09:50:41 -0700

Terry, perhaps archaic was not the best word.  I'm thinking about how much
effort and time action centers and bridge terminations use up.

Just look at all the posts about action centers.  Some need service before
they are sold.  They are susceptible to temperature and humidity.  They many
times cause problems for the next 100 years.

Bridge pins split the wood, strings need to be seated over and over.  The
wood gets dented etc.

Ever since UC wanted to charge me a lot of money to straighten up the bridge
pin, I've been urging a few brain cells to wake up and come up with a
revolutionary new system.  It would have to be better cheaper and last
forever.  They keep wanting to sleep in.  Time for them to get up!

Most are so enamored by wood and felt that change is hard.  Nobody likes a
change except a wet baby.  We still haven't gotten over the wood/ plastic
debate completely.

Carl Meyer Ptg assoc
Santa Clara, Ca.