Adjustable key bushings

Gevaert Pierre pierre.gevaert@belgacom.net
Thu, 26 Aug 2004 18:40:17 +0200

Hi,

Erard used this system on their brass hammernuts I think from the second =
half of the 19th century on. It works well but is sometimes hard to =
regulate.
Maybe it was to expensive to produce?

Regards,
P Gevaert
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Ryan Sowers=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 2004 9:39 PM
  Subject: Adjustable key bushings

  On a similar note:

  I once saw an old piano in Del's shop that had screw adjustable key =
bushings. It appeared to work beautifully! Anybody else seen this?

  Richard Brekne <Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no> wrote:
    Farrell wrote:

    >Or step back into the old box. I don't recall ever hearing a good
    >explanation of why the screw-adjustable felt-bushed hammer shank =
flange is
    >not popular. Anyone got a take on that? I'm talking about the kind =
you
    >commonly find on large American square grands. I know David =
Stanwood also
    >experimented with them in his early action-metrology years.
    >
    >Seems to me like such a perfect solution.
    >
    >Terry Farrell
    >
    >=20

    Out of the box, into the frying pan... now all we need is the =
fire....=20
    :) Actually... a good point... I'd love to hear comments on this =
too.

    Cheers
    RicB

  Ryan Sowers, RPT Puget Sound Chapter