Moisture question

Phil Bondi phil@philbondi.com
Fri, 27 Aug 2004 16:58:37 -0400

Recently got a call from a client who had water dripping on her Yamaha
Console(keys only) from a roof leak - Hurricane Charley.

What I noticed was the area(middle octaves) that she said the water was
dripping on, the hammer shanks were well off the rest rail, while the
rest of the shanks rested properly. I gave her an estimate of repair and
an appointment in 2 weeks to repair the piano. I wanted it to sit and
continue to dry out.

What did I miss with the shanks that far from the rest rail? Yes, the
jacks were underneath the butts in both the affected area and the
non-affected areas.

Thanks,
Phil Bondi(Fl)