when to replace ivories

Mark Davidson mark.davidson@mindspring.com
Sun, 29 Aug 2004 16:05:32 -0400

Joe Garrett wrote:

>Why not repair the "cracks" with Acrylikey?
>Use a soundboard shimming tool; "V" groove
>the "cracks"; match the ivory with the Acrylikey
>and have at it. It' almost invisible. I've had good
>success with this.<G>

Thanks Joe.  Sounds like a good plan.  I was looking
at buying this piano to rebuild, and wasn't sure on this.
Most of the ivory keyboards I've seen either are mostly
good, mostly chipped, or have been mostly broken off.
Never seen one that's mostly cracked.
The case is gorgeous even though the innards need
work, but the seller had another buyer, so after I made
her an offer, she called up this other guy and let him
match my offer and sold it to him.

-Mark