Pinning on new flanges

Sun, 29 Aug 2004 22:45:11 +0100

gordon stelter wrote:

>O.K..  So where in the action do we want NO friction,
>low friction, and/or moderate friction? And what are
>
>     Thump

I would  recommend spreading friction components rather evenly
throughout the action.  That said... the front rail bushing seems to me
to be an area that pianists appreciated feeling near no resistance in.
Which has always suggested to me that friction levels might be best if
they were biased towards the end of the finger-to-hammer chain...
ergo.... as much firmness in the hammer shank as I can get away with and
maintain free play. Next back would be the whippen flange center, then
the jack center.

But thats just loose thinking... no data whatsoever to back that up.

Cheers
RicB