Jaurez Cosmetic piano restoration

Cy Shuster 741662027@theshusters.org
Mon, 30 Aug 2004 14:04:06 -0400

During a tuning last week, the owner casually mentioned that his Young =
Chang had been delivered directly to his house in its original overseas =
shipping crate!  (This was ten years ago.)  He'd suffered with one =
partially broken key the entire time, waiting for a warranty =
replacement.  I fixed it for him (thanks to the Nashville class on =
repairs!).

--Cy Shuster--
Bluefield, WV
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Ryan Sowers=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Monday, August 30, 2004 1:54 PM
  Subject: RE: Jaurez Cosmetic piano restoration

  Good Point, Richard! You are correct that the dealer should know the =
quality of the product its selling. Dealers make their money by being =
the middle person. So there is always the motivation to buy cheap and =
sell dear.=20

  Most consumers assume that piano dealers' pianos have been checked out =
by a professional and so are a safe bet. But any tech whose been around =
very long knows that many dealers do the absolute bare minimum to prep =
their pianos prior to sale.

  My hats off to the minority of dealers who actually pay to have a =
competent technician properly inspect and set up the pianos prior to =
delivery to the person's home!