selmer piano

Carl Teplitski koko99@shaw.ca
Mon, 30 Aug 2004 14:32:34 -0500

Today I was very unfortunate to go to tune a Jesse French ( Selmer )
piano.
HORRORS ! !   The tuning wasn't a big problem, but the plastic
backchecks
were something else.  Quite a few had been replaced with wood .
Seems that all the whippens, flanges, etc. are loose.
Backchecks not the correct size and didn't seem to work very well. I
told the client that
I would see if there was a possibility of finding replacemnts. The
action on this beauty
is not very ( good) .( The cabinet is nice !!) In any case they would
like me to do what I can,
because they think they have a jewell.  Wondering if anyone knows where
I might be able to
get 88 of these backchecks, or should I just try to replace with wood.
What have any
other unfortunate techs. done in this circumstance. ????????

Carl / Winnipeg.